Friday, September 10, 2010

My superpower you ask?

Choosing the ultimate superpower would be thought to many people as easy. This comes across as not such an easy endeavor for me, it involves singling out every other known power. If I had to make the choice and choose the unsurpassable power it would have to be the ability to morph. I would have the capability to change my shape, transform into anything, and even make the transition from human to a god. I would be able to out wit anyone or anything, suddenly change and leave the illusion that I have disappeared when in actuality I have just changed. I would be able to instantly change into something desperately needed, like a fire truck or a ladder when danger is in the midst; I would be able to save lives, sometimes directly and sometimes just through a chain reaction. Feelings of contentment would fill me to the brim knowing that I could provide a service to people that could possibly save lives. At that though I would never expect anything in return, attempting to reward my doings would be unsuccessful. Having people feel immense gratitude or just sheer happiness would be enough, seeing the smiles on the faces of the rescued and the happy tears rolling down the cheeks of the almost harmed. Think of the intense power a regular human being would feel if one day, one simple day, they woke up to find they could unexpectedly change. Their form would become another and back to their original, they would be able to jump from human to an inanimate object faster then light. Although, put this kind of power into the hands of the uncertain and horrible circumstances could arise, this ability could be used for trickery and dishonesty. Holding this power could lead to disasters occurring every which way. No matter, bad things or good, this ability would be my chosen power.

2 comments:

  1. Good effort, Jordan. Lots of detail. Mechanics are strong. Focus on diction and creative imagery. Consider including more similes and metaphors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice superpower. Nice reasons as well!

    ReplyDelete